Featured event: Strengthening Disaster Resilient Infrastructure and Urban Resilience, Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction 2018 (AMCDRR), Mongolia, July 2018
At the Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) 2018, the Government of Mongolia in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) organised a featured event on "Strengthening disaster resilient infrastructure and urban resilience".
The key objectives were:
- Emphasize the impact of rapid urbanization in those countries with potential risk of urban-located disasters such as earthquake and flood.
- Deliberate on the action required to ensure sustainable development through the minimization of existing and new risks, by way of implementing disaster resilient infrastructure, and urban resilience, in the region.
- Provide a set of key recommended actions to strengthen policy, technical solutions and advocacy towards disaster resilient infrastructure development and urban resilience in the region, and globally.
- Revisit the actions agreed and implemented by the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure proposed at the AMCDRR 2016 and the “International Workshop on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure” held in New Delhi in January 2018.
- Explore opportunities in optimizing large scale infrastructure development projects in the region, to ensure that critical infrastructure is risk-informed.
- A set of recommended actions to promote and implement disaster resilient infrastructure development practices in the region.
- A revised agenda, and priorities, for the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure.
“Disaster Risk Resilient Infrastructure for Sustainable Development”, AMCDRR 2016
Host country seminar: “Building Resilient and Quality Infrastructure”, AIIB Meeting, June 2018.
International Workshop on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (IWDRI), January 2018.
“The Disaster That Never Happened—How Resilient Infrastructure Will Save The World”, October 2017
Round table on “Infrastructure Standards in India’s Transport Sector”, March 2018.
Round table: "Disaster Resilient Infrastructure", NDB Annual meeting, April 2017
Working session: “Ensuring Risk Resilient Critical Infrastructure”, GPDRR, May 2017
Workshop: “Risk Governance and Investing in Resilience”, Curtain-raiser for AMCDRR 2016